12.19.2013

Nothin Like It


That feeling you get when sifting through your bills and a good ol' fashion letter emerges. Say what?! Just the thought of receiving a card seems archaic. Thankfully, for people like me, there is still one time of the year when most folks seem on board with this notion. Christmas time!



I grew to love the tradition of Christmas cards as a kid. Every December my mom would sit down with a torn up address book, a stack of cards and go to town. Cards were soon filled with family highlights, accomplishments, and favorite pictures of the year. The night my mom sat down to work on our family cards I knew what to expect in the next few days... a plethora of Christmas cards waiting for us in our mailbox!

The thought of one day being able to create and make my own cards for my very own family was a dream that came true for the Christmas of 2012- our first "real" Christmas together. And despite how busy or crazy the year gets, it is a tradition I plan on keeping up with for the rest of my life. Since my stack of cards was recently laid to rest in the mailbox, here's a sneak peak at my tradition for the 2013 year!


Creating is a pretty messy process!

             

Details-Details-Details


As is in life- as is in cards- what really matters is on the inside.



The outside is important too! Gotta love me some photo tabs! 


Laid to rest until morning time.

Now I have to admit, these didn't turn out the way I had hoped- even had thoughts about throwing them out and just ordering something online! But I didn't. They went on their merry way the next day. I can say I am grateful for the learning experience this year's card set brought me. Next year's cards are gonna be bangin! 

And since I plan on making this a life long tradition for me and my family, it is only logical to make an extra one for keeps. I haven't quite figured out how I am going to keep all of these cards, but I intend to figure that out before the year's end.

Stay tuned for my Christmas card keeper resolution! 









No comments: