12.27.2013

Creating A New Tradition

My Christmas Card Keeper


In my last blog post I promised to share more about my Christmas Card Keeper idea. It's really quite simple. Each year, many of us will spend hours arranging a photo shoot, designing a card online, or hand crafting a card of sorts for the holiday season. We send them off and prepare to welcome the new year. Next year comes. We repeat the photo shoot, card ordering, card crafting, and money spending. 

I am passionate about Christmas cards. The repeating of my insanity with these cards isn't going anywhere. And since I am willingly going to spend money, time, and effort every year for the rest of my life on Christmas cards, you better believe I quickly found a way to keep track of these cards once and for all! My answer came in the form of a photo album.

I started off searching for a photo album of appropriate size. I generally tend to make my cards on the smaller end, so there was no need for me to purchase a large 12x18 scrapbook. I settled on an 8x8 photo album from Hobby Lobby.

After adding a bit of brown paper to the front frame I embellished with green buttons to create the shape of a Christmas tree. Well suited image, I know.


Next, I found some cute, stripped scrapbooking paper, cut it down to size, and added my Christmas cards! We have only shared two married Christmases together thus far, so hunting down a copy of our ugly sweater cards from last year wasn't too difficult. I can't wait to start filling this album with all of our holiday adventures and am looking forward to putting this out on the coffee table during the holiday season next year!


Feeling like it's not a big deal to keep track of your cards? Use this photo album/scrapbook idea to house all of the Christmas cards you still receive in the mail! Everyone has clothespin wreaths or ribbon holders hanging on their wall... but who has all of their cards neatly displayed, in one place, ready to view individually, at a moments notice? Well, that could very well be you next year. Get on it! 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! I've never seen anything like this before! Very creative and inspirational!!