12.02.2013

The Little Things



This year I got a new iPhone 5s. I also got a new Honda Civic. Two BIG upgrades in my life for sure. It seems like I waited forever to call those things my own. Now that I have them in my possession, BIG deal. Quickly I was reminded how easy it is to get caught up in chasing upgrades. How easy it is to forget the joy of sharing a moment or making a memory.

I took a moment to stop. Just stop. To realize I am blessed. Not in the typical cliche way of everything-is-going-great blessed. In the way that I can still stop to appreciate color. I can still appreciate the sound of a guitarist playing on a park bench. That I haven't lost my mind...yet... to the grind of monotony. Maybe everyone else takes a moment to stop on a daily basis. Well then, go you!!




Me, I'm going to start making it a point to stop daily. To enjoy moments like this. A cup of coffee with a  view.

     

To enjoy real flowers on my desk.

     

To buy a book based on the coolness factor of the cover.



To visit a horse stable- just because the Budweiser Clydesdales were in town. 



To enjoy sitting by the water.



To remember, above all, give thanks!!  












3 comments:

Unknown said...

I used to buy cds based on the cover art and/or song titles... I found some of the best/most interesting music that way. :)

Sarah Riche said...

Great blog, Susanna! I'm so glad you decided to find a creative outlet :)

Unknown said...

love the photos! you have talent!